Pinot Noir 2012
On release this wine is a classic reflexion of Drumsara’s Pinot Noir, showing dark and wild fruits of cherry, plum, blueberry and marama strawberry, with an underlying hint of spices – thyme, liquorice and vanilla. The palate abounds in deep fruits, supplemented by vanilla beans and dark chocolate. The fine grained tanins and lively acidity give the wine length aging potential.
- Origin: Alexandra Basin – Central Otago
- Climate: The Autumn was dry and warm allowing the ripening fruit to develop good varietal flavours. The fruit at harvest was impeccably clean with good maturity.
- Harvested: 18th April 2012 – hand picked. Whole bunches entered the de-stemmer with 90% of the berries crushed to release the juice and the remaining 10% left whole
- Vinification: Pinot Noir Clone 5 52%, B667 12%, B777 17%, 115 6%.
- Bottled: March 2013
- Alcohol: 13.9% Vol
- Winemakers: Anthony Worch